- The Youth play a major role in the Nation’s building and progress. The activities conducted by the NSS made the students more Disciplined and sensitive towards the society.
- The students become more confident and independent and aquire the qualities of decision making nad problem solving.
- They become aware of the needs of the society and the community around them and act promptly to help the needy.
- The concept of Not Me but You executed through various community development programmes and Knowledge Transfer activities make them compassionate individuals.
- The overall Impact of becoming an NSS volunteer makes them disciplined makes them realize their role in the nation’s progress.
NSS Activities of 2023-24
- 21st June, 2023:
yoga awareness was organized on 21st June2023 in the auditorium and Mrs. S.Divya was the resource person for the event and the session started by Meditation, flexible exercises, Asana and Pranayama and Surya Namasakaar the resource person explained the benefits and its effects on one's mental and physical health and by doing these techniques of yoga one can have a balanced life both balancing personal and professional life.
- 27th June, 2023: NSS Volunteers Attended the Zoom panel discussion on people first stop stigma and discrimination on 27th June 2023. The panelist were Ashwin thind from malaysia, Grant sanders from Hong kong, Odireleng kasale Botswana, Vikas sharma from India and Dr.George Kannanthanam from India. 92 members participated in this expert panel discussion.
- 28th June-1st July, 2023:NSS Unit 1 & 2 has organized an activity on account of International Day Against Drug Abuse and illicit Trafficking on the topic, My Inspiration for Health life. NSS students were asked to participate in the competitions like slogan writing and poster making .The aim of the Activity is to create awareness among the young generation about the ill effects of addiction .
- 12th July, 2023:
On Occasion of Haritha Haram NSS Unit I & II Student volunteers along with NCC Students participated actively in this programme .The objective of Haritha Haram is to increase the green cover in Telangana from the current 24% to 33% by planting millions of trees every year. The program aims to improve the ecological stability of the state, provide better air quality, colony members, and planted the plants like pomegranate, papaya, neem, rose flower plant,tabernaemontana plant, black beery (jamoon,) lemon plant etc .Nearly 40 plants were planted in sudha nagar colony at old safilguda secunderabad. The colony president Mr.Sathya Narayana and Corporator Mrs.Gunnal Sunitha Sekhar Yadav for Moulali division, participated in this activity and gave their valuable speech and moral message to the students. A total no. of 30 NSS Volunteers Participated in the Haritha Haram.
- 1st August, 2023:
The Department of Political Science & NSS unit 1 & 2 has organized competitions on account of Kargil Vijya Diwas, Poem, Caption and Essay Writing Competitions for the students in Offline mode in St.Pious X Degree and P.G College for Women in the Conference hall on 1st August. 2023. Total 31 participated in the above competitions.
- 9th August, 2023:
On Occasion of Meri Maati Mere Desh Veeron ka Vandan program organized by NSS Unit-1 & 2.Mrs.Preethi & Mrs. Aarthi Deepak facilitated the Ex-Army Officer M.Satyanarayana Raju, Retired ACP Subedar, M.sc (math),B.Ed, D.Ed. Sir addressed the students and motivated them to be punctual, give 100% to the work and achieve the dream with confidence. Ms. Rashmitha led with panch pran.
- 9th August, 2023:
On Occasion of Meri Maati Mere Desh programme officers Mrs. Aarthi & Mrs. Preethi of unit 1&2 along with student volunteers facilitated the Sarcpanch Mrs.Chiluguri Mangamma Sailu of Maredpalli village, Ghakesar mandal, Medchal malkajgiri district.501301. NSS volunteers planted plants nearly 60 plants like, pomogranate, Neem plant, mango, lemon, show plants, black jamoon, etc. NSS volunteers distributed plants to the village members. And took panch pran pledge.in the village premises.
- 15th August, 2023:
NSS volunteers celebrated the 77th Independence Day at The event included flag hoisting, cultural performances, and a speech on unity were performed by the students from the college Volunteers also conducted a march past and distributed flags to the nearby neighborhood. The event rekindled patriotism and emphasized social responsibility. Sri. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Retd) Cyberabad was a special invitee for the day. He addressed the gathering by sharing his own experience of how to achieve goals in one life and being determined to achieve anything one dream. Sir also stressed & emphasized on the current usage of gadgets and addiction towards it by the youth . After flag hoisting All NSS Volunteers participated in Har Ghar Tiranga activity and Actively participated in March past . NSS Volunteers nearly 100 students participated in Meri Maati Mere Desh and uploaded photos on the website https://merimaatimeradesh.gov.in/ and received certificates.120 NSS Volunteers uploaded selfie photos with National flag in the website https://harghartiranga.com/
- 21st-26th August, 2023:On the account of swachhta pakhwada week the NSS volunteers’ from unit 1 & 2 have been actively participated in different activities like Menstrual hygiene awareness, E-waste pledge, swachhtashapath, plastic se suraksha and plantation drive From 21-08-2023 to 26-08-2023.
- 26th August, 2023:
On August 26, 2023, an NSS (National Service Scheme) Program Orientation was organized for all first-year students .The orientation aimed to provide students with information about the NSS program and its activities. The event was conducted with the active participation of NSS Program Officers from Unit-1 and Unit-2.
- 29th August, 2023:On Occasion of National Sports Day NSS Volunteers participated in Pledge and earned certificates from Fit India freedom run pledge from the government link https://pledge.mygov.in/fitindia/ 150 students participated in pledge.
- 23rd September, 2023:As a part of NSS activity Ratriya Poshan Maah was celebrated on 23rd Sep, 2023 by NSS Volunteers at Indira High School. NSS students explained about the importance of a healthy diet and what all health issues arise due to malnutrition. Students of Indira high school felt very happy towards the lecture and they actively participated in the question and answer session.
- 25th September, 2023:
The NSS day celebration on 25th September .2023 at St.pious x Degree & PG College for Women
Chief guest Prof.Saveen Souda Programme Coordinator from Osmania University hoisted the NSS Flag and addressed the students and motivated the students.
- 7th October, 2023:NSS (unit 1&2 ) had organized competitions on the occasion of International day for Non Violence and Gandhi Jayanti which is celebrated every year on 2nd October ,2023 .The purpose of these competitions was to make the students aware of the importance of Non-violence and its significance.
- 9th October, 2023:
Rashmitha kumari and Sumavarshini participated in Pre- Republic day camp selection at Osmania University.Rashmitha kumari was selected for pre-RD camp.
- 11th October, 2023:
International Girl Child Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm and commitment on October 11, 2023, at auditorium Organized by Mrs. Jacqualine and Dr. Swapna Priya, a play was depicted for promoting and advocating for the rights and well-being of girls around the world.
- 12th October, 2023:
The NSS Unit 1 & 2 at St.pious X Degree & PG College for Women has organized Amrith Kalsh Yatra for the students as a part of a mega event "Meri Maati Mera Desh" (MMMD) ―Jan bhagidari initiative to commemorate 75 years of India's Independence. Which culminates the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav program. 'Meri Maati Mere Desh 'which Celebrates the many achievements of the nation. It involves paying tribute to the 'Veers' who protected our nation. accordingly, As a part of the programme, the Amrith Kalash Yatras wa also organized on 12th October, 2023 at 10.Am the students and the programme officers collected fist full of Rice and poured in the Kalash and Panch Pran pledge was also taken by the volunteers along with all the students took out Amrith Kalash Yatra with the slogans and motto of NSS not be but you from college campus to Nacharam .
- 30 & 31st October, 2023:
The NSS unit 1 and 2 has organized National unity day / khadi mahotsav for NSS student volunteers on 30 and 31th October on account of National unity day commemorating Sardarvala bai Patel birth anniversary various competitions and activities organized with a theme of khadi for nation , khadi for fashion . The aim of the event is to reform the solidarity among the people of India to maintain the spirit of unity and diversity and to the importance of khadi to make India as self-reliant such as quiz, essay writing, story writing, khadi Yatra , khadi pledge and unity pledge is taken by student volunteers .
- 31st October, 2023:Run for Unity done in Osmania University near Arts College all NSS volunteers along with NSS Unit Member Mrs.Bhavani Dept of Physical Education participated at 6.30am. All Volunteers participated in the unity pledge and earned certificates by MyGov official link. All NSS Volunteers participated in Khadi Yatra at Snehapuri colony and Unit 1 & 2 members
- 31st October, 2023:
Rashmitha kumari from B.Com 3rd year went to Pre-RD Parade selection Camp to Vijayawada on 31-10-2023 at 9.30 pm from Osmania University 6 members have been selected for Pre-RD Selection Camp to Vijayawada at KL University. Among 6 members Rashmihta kumari was one among them.
- 11th November, 2023:
On Account of Diwali week NSS Volunteers promoted safe and Eco Diwali. Students done posters like say no to crackers, protect environment, Burst your Bad habits no pollution etc., on different quotation all NSS volunteers participated in taking “swatch diwali and shub diwali pledge”
- 14th November, 2023:
On Account of World Diabetes Day on 14th November2023, the NSS Committee has organized an Awareness talk for NSS Volunteer Students in Silver Jubilee hall at 10:00 A.M. The Resource Person for the event was DR. Anuradha, Diabetologist, and former Head Department of Medical Administration Yashoda Hospital Hyderabad the Session with the Definition of Diabetes and the Session went on with interaction with students and making them aware of various types of Diabetes, Causes of Diabetes, Effects of Diabetes and prevention of Diabetes.
- 14th November, 2023:
NSS Committee has Organized an Orientation onVoter Awareness Sveep MY Vote MY Future For all undergraduates and postgraduates students on 14th November ,2023 at 1:30 P.M.in Silver Jubilee Hall The Resource Person for the event was Mr. Yadaiah Election Duty Officer from the District Collectorate Office, Medchal. Sir has given the Importance of Right to Vote and has Motivated Students to Cast their Vote as it is very Necessary to Elect our Leader and that’s the Reason Youth has to be Encouraged and as those who are going for the first time to cast their Vote, Sir asked them to take a Picture and send it to the Twitter of Telangana State government website.
- 22nd November, 2023:
The NSS Unit 1 & 2 has conducted basic level entry test for nss student volunteers of First year autonomous batch to evaluate their interest and service initiative to join in the NSS Wing the mode of exam was conducted through online quiz method a 20 MCQ question on the topics of Current affairs , History of NSS, National and International day of Importance was given as part of exam syllabus.the duration of the exam was 30 minutes .a total of 110 students participated.
- 24th November, 2023:
On the Account of National Constitution Day, NSS committee UNIT I & II had organized a Drawing & Exhibition for open to all students.
- 28th November, 2023:
n account of Constitution day a Guest Lecturer on the topic “Indian Constitution value and Orientation” was organized by NSS. Prof.P Venkata Ramana, Principal from Government Degree College Chanchalguda , Hyderabad was the guest speaker for the day. Prof. Venkata Ramana sir who started the session by giving the historical journey and struggle in making the process of Indian constitution. Today, all the citizens of India are enjoying sir briefed about the relationships of the state and central government, their official role and responsibilities in discharging their duties as Legislature, executive, and judiciary. Sir also interacted with the students about how the young generations can make their nation proud by abiding by the rules and using their liberty, equality and rights properly in discharging their duties. Total No.of 135 students participated.
- 2nd December 2023 :
On account of National Pollution Day observed on 2nd Dec, every year Department of Physics on 04-12-2023, in collaboration with NSS units I and II of the College, organized awareness on pollution caused by e waste and collected it from students and faculty to dispose of in a Eco friendly way for a sustainable future.
- 31st December 2023 :
MS. Rashmitha Kumari from NSS Unit 2 of B.Com CA, Final year student has been selected for 2024 January 26th republic Day Parade at New Delhi. She will be in training camp in Delhi from 1st to 30th January 2024 along with Telangana contingent Team from Osmania University. Hyderabad.
- 6th January 2024: :
Mrs.Arathi and Mrs.G.Preethi programme officers of Unit 1 & 2 Attended the online meeting for registration of NSS volunteers as Yuva in the My Bharat portal .NSS Programme Coordinator of Osmania University arranged to all programme officers to guide how to register in MyBharath portal.
- 12th January 2024: :
On the Account of National Youth Day. The NSS Committee has organized a guest lecture on “Youth ideas into leadership initiatives”. The guest speaker was Mr.P.kunal Anand, Assist, and Professor from Keshav Memorial Law College, Narayana Guda, and Hyderabad. Sir has begun his session with the motivational quotes from the life of Swami Vivekananda and discussed various insights about the leadership qualities and skills to be imparted in today's youth he stressed on the importance of civic engagements in youth towards the nation and role and responsibility that leads to betterment of the country. And how youth plays a key role in shaping their own nation for future developments.
- 12th January, 2023:
The National youth day was celebrated By NSS Committee on 12th January 2023 on the occasion of Swami Vivekananda's birthday at silver jubilee hall from 10.30 to 12.00pm. Total 210 students participated in this program, Resource person is Mr.A Uday kumar Founder of sri Rajamatha foundation shared his journey of service how he started serving the underprivileged people and the experience gained in this field, also told about the foundation activities and taught the ways in which youth can help the society.
- 13th January, 2023:
On account of National Farmers Day, also known as Kisan Diwas, which is celebrated on December 23, to commemorate and recognize farmers as the country's backbone. Every year, Farmer's Day is observed to raise awareness of and thank farmers for their contributions to society. In this regard, an event Sahaja Utpada which includes the expert talk on ‘Economic Empowerment of Women through Application of Science & Technology for Food, Nutrition, Health & Livelihood Security’ by Prof. Vijaya Khader, Former Dean, Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University. NSS volunteers and I BSc. Life and Physical sciences (185) students participated.
- 26 January, 2023:
The 74th Republic day was celebrated on 26th January 2023. It was the day the Constitution of India replaced the Government of India Act 1935 and made India a Republic Nation. It was celebrated in collaboration with Physical Education. The chief guest was Mrs. Sujatha Cecilia MD Across the Monde Travel And Tours Pvt Ltd. The program began with Guard of honour by NCC and NSS Students. Flag hoisting done by the Dignitaries with the National Anthem song. Green greetings given to the dignitaries Dr. Annie Sunil - Dean Academics and Student Affairs. Mrs. Sujatha Cecilia- MD of ATM Travels. Dr. Sushama Patricks- Principal of MBA College, Dr. Komala- IQAC Coordinator. March past done by NCC and NSS Students & Sports students.
- 25th January 2023:
On Occasion of National Voters day NSS Students have taken a Voters pledge. Ms. Rashmitha from B.Com and Nagajyothi from B.A have coordinated with all NSS volunteers and explained about the right to vote as it is a Fundamental Right. Students were very happy to participate in this event.
- 25th Jan to 29th Jan-2023:
The Hon'ble Prime Minister reiterated his desire to organise the District Youth Parliaments (DYPs) in his address at the time of inaugural of the 22nd National Youth Festival on 12th January 2018. From that time onwards the national youth parliament festival is organised by the ministry of youth affairs and sports. This activity was organised from 26-1-2023 to 29-1-2023.as an online platform. More than 29 students participated from various colleges. From St. Pious X Degree and PG College for Women, 12 students registered and one student got selected and participated in this event NSS volunteer from BBA 2nd year peddi Reddy Nivruthi got selected for District level youth parliament. On behalf of Hyderabad district she took part in this activity.
- 28th January 2023
The students of NSS Committee of Unit 1 & 2 have attended “Nenu saitham – a suicide free India” on 28th January, 2023. Mrs. K. Swarnalatha, member of NSS Committee accompanied 36 students to the program. Dr. Bhagya, NSS member from Osmania University was coordinating and supporting the students to attend the event. It was organized by spandana eda international foundation as a part of the third anniversary of the foundation establishment at Brahma kumaris- shanti sarovar, global peace auditorium, Gachibowli.
- 13th February 2023
On February 13, 2023 the NSS committee in collaboration with Rachakonda police has organised an awareness talk on the topic social behaviour and cyber safety, as a part of international women’s day pre celebration, with the hashtag “embrace equity “to create awareness on various social behaviour of youth and threat of cyber an awareness program has given by the eminent personalities of Hyderabad police more than 30 students have participated.
- 1st March 2023
The NSS community and department of Political Science in collaboration with the traffic deputy transport department organized an awareness talk on the Road Safety Awareness. As Part of National Road Safety Month with the intention to create awareness among the young students regarding the safety on the roads while driving and while being on the roads. More than 150 students actively participated in the offline mood have attended this session. For the session the resources person was Dr.Srinivas Puppala, Deputy Transport, Commissioner, Adilabad. And team. The Main agenda for this session was to bring the awareness among the youngsters regarding the road safety.
- 10th march 2023
Cardopulmonary resuscitation is a lifesaving technique that’s useful in many emergencies such as a heart attack or near drawing, in which someone’s breathing or heartbeat has stopped. On 10th March 2023 the Student of 2nd BTMC hosted the session, welcoming resource person Dr.M.Harishbabu, B.Sc. BHMS,MD.Senior Faculty St.John Ambulance association .He practically showed us how many minutes we can give CPR to the victim with Power Point Presentation and videos explained to the students. Students gave a round of applause to the sir with NSS claps.
- 17 march 2023
On 17 March 2023 the NSS Units of St. Pious X Degree College for Women, Nacharam Hyderabad had visited the camp village and conducted pre camp surgery in the villages of Lakshmidevigudem and Raghavapuram panchayat area of Bibi nagar Mandal of Yadadri district of Telangana state . The students NSS volunteers had asked the village persons regarding their education, qualifications, occupation and other facilities they have at their home and villages.
- 19th March 2023
On March 19th, 2023 NSS programme officer from unit 1&2 Mrs.G.Preethi & Mrs.Aarthi from St. Pious x Degree and PG college for Woman Hyderabad has attended the Orientation regarding camp work for survey of youth not n formal regular employment at 3.15 to 4.30 pm through Google meet organised by Osmania university NSS units.
- March 25th 2023 to 31st March 2023
A one week long NSS Special Camp was organised by the NSS Unit I&II of St. Pious X Degree & PG College for Women,Nacharam,Hyderabad from 25th March 2023 to 31st March 2023.The main theme of the camp was 'Service ignited youth for a sustainable future’. A total of 59 registered NSS volunteers participated in the Camp. NSS Programme Officer Mrs.Preethi from Unit I, Mrs.Aarti from Unit II and NSS committee members took part along with the NSS student volunteers. The camp was organised in the villages Lakshmi Devi Gudem and Raghavapuram, Bibinagar mandal, Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district.From 25th March 2023-31st March 2023 various activities were planned in the above two villages from day 1 inaugural of the camp that was done by the Sarpanch of the village, Dharma Baswa Reddy.Followed with briefing of various activities to the NSS student volunteers along with the support of village sarpanches of both the villages. Activities like jute bag making, mask making, candle making, paper bag making, street plays on girl child education, voter awareness, plantation drive, swachchhata drive were organised. A survey was also conducted in the village on unemployed youth, yoga sessions were conducted, PR training was also given, medical camp was organised, a field trip was also organised, awareness programmes on health and hygiene, nutrition, digital education were conducted and service in temple on account of SriRama Navami was done by the student volunteers.Valdeictory session was conducted on the last day of the camp.
- 18th April 2023
NSS unit 1 & 2 Conducted self Defence Awareness Programme for the UG 1st year students, The theme of this programme is Protect Yourself , Regarding wellbeing of oneself from Harm And its Importance, The programme was Conducted on 18th April 2023 at Auditorium from 1.30 to 2.30pm the total 151 students are participated in this programme, Guest speaker of this session is Mr.Raguveer from “JOY OF SHEREING” association(NGO) AND Mr.Redya Nayak taekwondo coach and along with self-defence Demo by the students
- 21st April 2023
A Tribute to Dr.Br.Ambedkar was organized by the NSS Committee for all NSS volunteers in the conference hall on 21st April 2023, at 1.00 PM On account of his 132nd birth anniversary. The programme began by paying Tribute to Bhim Rao Ambedker in the Conference hall and Students gave a PowerPoint Presentation on the Journey of Ambedkar and a Documentary on the life struggle was also shown to the students to make them aware of the sacrifice and struggle by the father of the Indian Constitution.
- 28th April, 2023
: The volunteers participated in Guard of Honour and welcomed dignitaries with the NSS Clap. Rev .Mother Japamala , The Chief Guest Professor R.Limbadri ,Guest of Honour Mrs.Fathima Tipple , Mr.Fareeduddin and Parents of all the students were invited to the Annual function. Principal Rev.Sr Velangini along with the dignitaries.
- 1st May, 2023
: World Water day was celebrated on 1st May, 2023 by Conducting PPT Competitions to NSS Volunteers & B.Sc Life Science students. Main moto of conducting this competition is to aware others Students about advantages of consuming more water in daily life ,availability of freshwater in the world, every year decreased percentage of fresh water and its reasons. Overall 15 Students participated in the competition. First prize won by Ms.Harika( I BTBC) & 2nd Prize won by Ms.Latha(I BTBC).
- 15th May, 2023
: An Awareness program on "Impact of Deforestation on Human Life" was Organised by NSS Committee on 15May,2023 the Resource person to this programme was Dr.P.Padmalatha,HOD of Botany & Biotechnology Dept. she delivered her lecture on above topic to the NSS Volunteers and gave some Ideas how to improve Forest rate. Main moto of Organising this awareness program was to aware NSS Volunteers about Effect on human Life due to decrease forest area and gave guidance how to Improve Reforestation rate.
- 20th May, 2023 - 5th June,2023
: NSS Unit I & II has organised an environment awareness activity for NSS Volunteer students the above activities are be given to the students were in which they have to participate in doing this within their reach and nearby their residential areas. The following were the instruction given by the committee to proceed with the activity from 20th May to 5th June 2023, as a part of Environment Day Events. For which the students came forward and enthusiastically participated, the main outcome of the activity is to create a sense of empathy towards other species and to lead a harmonious life within nature like
Providing Drinking Water for Birds & Animals in Hot Summer,
Awareness to households about various Energy Saving Methods.
NSS Activities of 2022-23
- On, 6th July 2022:Haritha Haram activity done From NSS unit -I and unit - II student volunteers participated in planting the seeds of vegetables like tomato, brinjal, and leafy vegetables seeds in Wesley government primary school Nacharam Hyderabad.
- On, 1st August, 2022:The team of NSS Unit I & II reached the venue at Nacharam government school for the SWATCHTHA PAKWADA the day started with NSS Moto and Claps to the teachers and students of the school under the presence of NSS Coordinators and the principal of the School .The students from unit 1 and 2 were briefed about the day activities for cleaning, painting and Teaching then student were decided into teams and were send to take the respective task. The volunteers’ showed lot of enthusiasms and interest to contribute in the activities and were also very happy to see the students of the school in different classes they interacted and ask them about their favorite colors fruits and songs and also showed interested in teaching them few students took volunteered to be teachers and took respective subjects to teach students of the school for a Week and they found them to be very activite and intelligent and were happy to see college volunteers to clean their school and pain it for them.
- On 2nd August, 2022:The students made painting and taken classes for the primary school. Given awareness on neatness and saving water.
- On 3rd August, 2022:The students made a chart on swatchtha pledge and distributed in classes.
Students done a pledge on swatchtha and made all school students to do and follow every day in the class.
- On 4th August, 2022:The students bought plants and planted in school. Out students done cleanliness all surroundings of the school. Program member Mrs. Hymavathi mam gave a saplings to the headmaster of the school. She guided the students in planting.
- On 5th August, 2022:The awareness on nutrition given to the school student’s from 4th to 7th class. Mrs.Vanisree department of biochemistry gave lecture on nutrition to the students.
- On 6th August, 2022:Cleaning and painting done by the students in school premises.
Students done letters on wall and fruits, save water, clean environment, India map, and cleanliness.
- On 7th August, 2022:The NSS volunteer students gave instructions to the school students and helped them in learning and teaching them how to make arts & crafts, maintain the neatness.
- On 8th August, 2022:The NSS Committee, St.Pious X Degree and PG College for women had organized an activity “Homage to the Freedom Fighters and Unsung Heroes”. Program started with the significance of the gathering given by Syeda from II BTBC, then Mrs. Aarthi Deepak NSS Unit – II Coordinator, Mrs. Hemalatha faculty of Chemistry Department and NSS Volunteers have given tribute to the freedom fighters. Srihitha, Chandrika, Sheba Sharon & Glory from II MZC had given their voice on recall of our freedom fighters. Programmes continued with Elocution competition.
- On 10th August, 2022:The students conducted the drawing competition to primary school students.
- On 11th August, 2022:The students helped in Ganesh making to maintain ecofriendly Environment and explained benefits of ecofriendly environment.
- On 12th August, 2022:The Fancy dress competition conducted by our students explained how to maintain cleanliness and neat dressing.
- On 13th August, 2022:The students conducted dance competition to all primary school students on occasion of Independence Daycelebrations.
- On 15th August, 2022:The students and faculty members distributed prizes to students who participated in the competitions. Program officers Mrs. Aarthi & Mrs. Preethi gave prizes to all winners of various competitions.
- On 16th August, 2022:On Occasion of 75th independence day Tiranga walk was organized by NSS in collaboration with NCC. The Tiranga walk was done by all Volunteers and other students; nearly 200 students participated. From Nacharam, Snehapuri colony,Hmt Nagar area to Habsigudaarearally was done by our volunteers and NCC students. at the crossroads, Traffic police supported the rally and in cross road traffic was controlled by traffic police. At 11.30am all participated in theNational Anthem.
- On 24th August, 2022:The NSS- units –I & II have organized an Orientation on various activities given to students by the respective Co-coordinators Mrs. Preethi and Mrs. Aarthi various activities were planned for Swatch Pakwada and according day wise activities were discussed for which the teams were allotted and discussion was taken up and also briefing about the activities were clearly explained.After that NSS volunteers were trained to learn the Moto and the salute, theclaps, and the same was repeated by all students and significance was explained by Mrs. Preethi mam.
- On 29th August, 2022-9th September, 2022:The NSS& Pearl Committee has taken initiative to organize a charity drive from 29th August to 9th September in the college premises. The Committee requested various disciplines departments and the students of various discipline to donate in kind like basic needs, soaps, Provisions, oil, shampoos, etc, which every possible way they can collect these items a drop box was kept near office digital board which was very accessible to everyone as the intention was to creative the senses of belongings and sharing and caring attitude and approach towards the students to be a part of the charity.
- 13th to 20th September 2022:Our Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched this flagship programme of the Indian government with POSHAN which stands for overarching scheme for Holistic Nutrition AbhiyaanNational Nutrition Mission.
NSS unit - I and II students made charts and e-posters for awareness on nutrition for women and child and pregnant women. Students gave awareness to avoid junk food.
Students gave seminars, on nutrition, health fitness, and immunity to disease as end the menace of malnutrition in the nation. And Students gave the power point presentation on Posh for children & pregnant women. Students did rally near the Snehapuri colony and gave awareness on nutrition.
- 14th September 2022:The NSS Committee and the department of political science has organized an Orientation session on eye donation. The guest speaker DR,.M.L.KARTHIKA M.S. had begin the session with the expert talk on why should we donate our eye? We learnt about the cornea is only displaced. Retina has or had an issue we can’t do nothing doctor can’t help if anything happens to Retina. We only to Corenatransplantation and this is known as EYE DONATION. Eye Donation will have eye banks. After the 6 to 7 hours death of the person we will remove eyes and donate them. Eye donation is important. Donate eyes and Give new lives. Eye Donation is humanity.
- 17th September 2022:Students participated in librarian day which was organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan, and Telangana state at pared grounds Secunderabad. From Units- I and II nearly 22 students went morning at 7.00 am reached by 7.30 am and successfully completed the event by 12.30 pm. Students are very happy to be a part of the event.
- 26th September 2022:On Occasion of NSS Day Students of NSS Volunteers of Unit - I and Unit - II participated in extempore speech. Unit- I and Unit -II Coordinators organized a Quiz to all NSS Volunteers. The main objective of the quiz was to bring awareness about NSS objectives, roles, history, and service.
- 12th October 2022:On Account of International Day for Non Violence the dept. of Political Science and NSS celebrated theevent, whichwas started by Ms. Bhoomika as a Host of the day had begun with the quote given by Gandhi. Followed by a prayer session andthe significance of the day was given in regard to International Day for Nonviolenceabout Gandhi 153rd birth anniversary and non-violence. Later the event continued with various competitions like online quizzes, rapid-fire, and jams (just a minute).
- 19th October 2022: As a part of the Clean India Campaign under NSS volunteers from Unit 1 & II attended the clean India campaign 2.O which was initiated by Osmania University St. Pious X Degree andPG College for Women attended along with NSS Student Volunteers at Osmania University. The main Agenda for the day was to clean the Surroundings. Total 34 students attended the campaign with the motto to do service. Under the supervision of the NSS Coordinator the team of volunteers were given allotted areas with various division of the places of the University campus and were given for which the students volunteers has to actively collect the plastic waste which was in and around the campus area which can be segregated, more than 3 huge bags of plastic waste was collected by the volunteers, later alone it was assembled at Arts College Venue. All the volunteers actively participated in the service and did their best in collecting the plastic waste from the surroundings and handed it over to GHMC.
- 20th October 2022: On the account of Live screening of Mission Life the NSS Unit I & II along with Dept of political Science has ensured to make a screening of live event through LCD in class room with your tube all the NSS volunteers and other students from BA watch the launch of the event with the above link. Along with the students were encouraged to take LIFE pledge at https:/pledge.mygov.in/life-movement/ many of the students took pledge in the classroom along with the program officers Mrs. Aarthi, Mrs. Preethi and MS. Sravanthi from the dept of Public administration and students also Participated .
- 19th to 24th October, 2022:On the occasion of ‘International Girl Child Day’, NSS Committee has organized a Slogan Writing Competition online. Total 15 students participated and two of them were announced as winners. E-certificates were distributed to all the winners and participants.
- 21st October, 2022:As a part of the Clean India Campaign under NSS volunteers from Unit 1 & II attended the clean India campaign 2.O which was initiated by Osmania University St. Pious X Degree and PG College for women attended along with NSS Student Volunteer HMT nagar bus stop and medial halls and all over colony near Nacharam. The main Agenda for the day was to clean the Surroundings. Total 34 students attended the campaign with the motto to do service.
- 22 - 24 October, 2022:The NSS Committee Unit 1 &2 and Prakruthi Club have organized a Diwali Campaign for the NSS student Volunteers and the nearby neighbourhood. The students were asked to pledge on the eco-friendly green Diwali and not to burst crackers to save the environment from pollution for which an initiative was taken by the above committee. As the students were given a formin which they request their nearby community, people took up this campaign by signing the pledge. That not to celebrate Diwali by bursting crackers instead of in different ways so that we can contribute to protecting the ecology from air pollution, noise pollution and many other ill effects.
- 25th October, 2022:The NSS Committee has undertaken a charity drive for Novitiate training sisters and took initiative to donate the needed and essential Items for the Home the items that were included in the drive was Rice , Dal, Stationery. Pluses, Biscuits etc. the activity was accompanied by NSS Student volunteers and the NSS Programme officers the Unit 1& 2.
- 31st October, 2022:The department of Political Science and NSS Unit 1& 2 Organised and pledge to the student of BA along with the pledge these students has took online pledge for which an e certificated was obtained from the mygovt.com website the day marked as Ekta divas , the significance of Sardar Vallabhi Patel birth anniversary and his struggle for united the four provinces of India during independence was highlighted and his works were remembered which markedandwas patronized aa unity day - Ekta Divas which means united in all aspectswe go by unity in diversity for which India stand. The importance of the term unity and its relevance in the 21st century was discussed in the classroom and the students from their own understanding had an interaction and discussion regarding how we should be united in any aspect and work for the integrity of the nation.
- 31st October, 2022:On the occasion of ‘National Unity Day’, NSS Committee has organized a Unity Run on 31-10-2022. The students initiated the run from OU Arts College and ended the run witha St,Pious X degree and PG College for Women. Around 50 students participated in the run and made it successful. Also, a Unity pledge was taken up by the students on campus.
- 3rd November, 2022: NSS Committee members has Organized an Orientation program on 3rd November 2022 at 1.00 pm to 2.00pm for all first years B.Com, B.A,B.Sc, BBA. The session was hosted by Ms.Rachel from B.A. PPML, to begin with, has given a brief introduction about NSS. What does it stand for Its historical context and importance and who was the founder of the NSS its main aims and objectives for the young minds and youth of the nation.Resource Person Mrs. Hymavathi ma'am from Dept of Chemistry.
- 14th November, 2022: On account of Children’s Day NSS committee had organized a donation drive along with NSS volunteers the team visited Wesley Government School Nacharam .and with the cooperation of the management of the school and Headmistress Rajyalakshmi Madam we Donated stationery items like pencil’s , scale’s , books , crayon’s, pens , eraser’s, sharpeners , drawing books etc for the class first to ten and also to make their day a memorable one various activities were conducted like games interaction with studentsand also cultural activities, like singing, dancing the volunteers had interacted with students and inspired them to take up good education and pursue their goals.Total students were 200.
- 16th November, 2022: On Account of National Education Day. An expert talk was organized by the NSS committee 1 & 2 Dr.Bhaygyammawas the Resource person from Osmania University Dept of Education.She began her lecture with many examples related to growth and development of the child in early stages and their behavioural traits along with the role of education and gave a lot of Information on education. Education is a process of learning and knowing, the session also highlighted the various aspects of vision and mission of the NEP 2020 and principles of NEP2020.
Total No of Participants were 138
- 22-23 November, 2022:
NSS Unit 1 & 2 from St. pious X Degree PG College for women in collaboration with Sri Rajamaatha foundation a non-government NGO. Volunteered the physically disabled cricket players on 22-11-2023 and 23-11-2022
At Hyderabad metropolitan water supply & sewerage board cricket ground, amber pet
Timings; 9am to 4:30pm. On first day total 15 volunteers went and did their Volunteer job
On the 2nd day 8 volunteers went and did their service to people.
The volunteers helped the physically disabled persons in serving the good. Supplying the water. Indeed it was great service done by NSS unit 1&2
- 22nd November, 2022:
World Food Day was celebrated on22nd November 2022. Mrs.Hemalatha&Mrs.SwathiSree faculty coordinators from NSS Committee along with NSS Volunteers G. Pallavi,K.Sharanya&G.Hasini of I BTBC organized an awareness programme on different types of Nutrition Food at St.Mathews School Students at Nacharam. NSS Volunteers explained about healthy food and nutrition to the school students in the form of charts and interaction with the students about the good habits.
- 25th November, 2022:
An Expert talk was organized by NSS Committee in collaboration with Department of Microbiology, St. Pious X Degree & PG College for Women, on an account of WORLD AIDS DAY (1st December.2022) on 25th November 2022. The speaker for the day was Dr. K Nagamani, Professor and Head, Nodal Officer, Multidisciplinary Research Unit (MDRU), Principal Investigator, State Level Viral Research and Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL), Gandhi Medical College, Telangana, Principal Investigator, National wise VRDL network of laboratories, Project Coordinator, HRD, ICMR, Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad, Telangana.
- 26th November, 2022:
On Occasion of Constitution day NSS Committee in collaboration with the dept. of Political Science organized a webinar and the Resource Person was Assistant Professor Dr.Uppasan Roy Barman, from Department of Political Science Serampore Girls College, Bengal. Mam gave valuable information about the amendments and politics of the Constitution of India. The session was very informative.The Session ended with the National Anthem and students gave voice as jai hind.
- 28th November, 2022:
On Occasion of Constitution day NSS Committee in collaboration with the dept. of Political Science has organized a painting Competition. The theme was Political Leaders and freedom fighters of our country. Student volunteers and various students from different streams had participated in the painting competitions. Also the main objective of the events was to inculcate the values of patriotism, integrity towards the nation. A total of 16 students participated in this event.
NSS Activities of 2021-22
- Constitution Day (‘Samvidhan Diwas’)On 04-12-2021, NSS Committee celebrated Constitution Day to promote constitutional values among our young students.
November 26 is observed as Constitution Day or ‘Samvidhan Diwas’ every year, which commemorates the adoption of the Constitution of India. On November 26, 1949, the Constitution was adopted and it came into effect on January 26, 1950.
Mrs. Aarthi Deepak, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Social Science, St. Pious X Degree & PG College was invited as a Guest Speaker. Speaker has elaborated on the importance of Indian Constitution. Around 70 NSS Volunteers attended the Programme.
- Rashtriya Ektha Diwas
On 04-12-2021 NSS Committee celebrated Ektha diwas ( National Unity Day) to commemorate the Birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel, India’s first Home Minister, who played an important role in persuading many princely states to join the Union of India. Around 70 NSS Volunteers attended the Programme. B.Com III yr students has given the presentation onAchievements of Sardhar vallabahai patel.The Students have taken the pledge on “Unity”.
- Fit India Freedom Run 2.0
The NSS Units I & II of St pious X Degree & PG College for Women have organized a 3 K Run in collaboration with Sports Committee of the college on 30th September 2021 to commemorate the 75th year of Independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. Around 60 Volunteers have participated in the 3 k Run which was organized at HMT Nagar, Nacharam, Hyderabad. The run was organized to encourage fitness and get freedom from obesity, laziness, stress & anxiety.
- National Nutrition Month
The NSS Committee of St Pious X Degree & PG College have celebrated Nutrition Month by Organising a webinar on 28th September 2021 from 10.30 am to 11.30 am on the theme “Women & Child Nutrition.” The Speaker was Ms G Vasudha, Clinical Nutritionist & Founder of VG Nutriment. All the NSS volunteers, NSS Committee members and the students of thecollege participated in the webinar. In the session Ms Vasudha has focused on the different types of Nutritional Diet to be followed by children, teenagers and adults. She also emphasized on the factors which can affect Women’s Health at different stages and what nutrition should be taken to be taken. 80 students and staff have participated in the webinar.
- Volunteered for Telugu Bhasha Dinotsavam.
NSS volunteers of unit I & II volunteered for Telugu Bhasha Dinotsavam at Ravindra Bharathi on 9th September 2021. 10 NSS Volunteers have volunteered in the above programme.
- Volunteering at Rosoolpura, Begumpet.
10 NSS Volunteers of Unit I & II have volunteered for Kriya Sangh Society at Rasoolpura, Begumpet on 27th July, 2021. They have volunteered by spreading the awareness about the new KSS Charitable Health Care Centre which aims at extending Health Care Services for poor residents of Rasoolpura slum area, Begumpet.
- International Yoga Day – 2021
NSS Unit-I & II of St Pious X Degree & PG College for Women conducted online yogasession on 20th& 21stJune 2021 from 8.30 AM to 9.30 AM by Mr. PankajPhansalkar a certified yogainstructor. All the NSS volunteers, NSS Committee members and the faculty of thecollege participated in the session.
- NSS Orientation programme for first years students
An Orientation program for I year students was arranged for all first year students on 30th January,2021 to introduce students to NSS and its related activities. Ms Rajeetha Mondal P.O unit I in her welcome speech extended warm welcome to everyone. The chief Guest for the programme was Mr Uday Kumar Reddy, Social worker & Chairman of Sri Rajamatha Foundation. Mr Uday Kumar Reddy delivered a speech mentioning how important it is for students to involve in community services to understand the reality of human needs and he provided lot of information about NSS and its activities.
NSS Activities of 2020-21
- EKTHADIWAS: (31 OCTOBER 2020)
Rashtriya Ektha Diwas was celebrated in remembrance of Sardar Vallabhai Patel and his contributions to
the freedom struggle and unity of independent India, an online programme was held for all the NSS
Volunteers. The objective was to promote national integration among citizens of India as well as maintain
the national unity and integrity of country. Swara NSS unit II Volunteer addressed the contribution of
Sardar Vallabhai Patel's services as the first Home Minister and deputy PM of our country. The programme
concluded with unity pledge taken by all NSS
- CONSTITUTION DAY: (26 NOVEMBER 2020)
On 26thNovember an online meeting was held for all the NSS volunteers on drafting of Indian
constitution and rights and duties of the citizen in the nation by the constitution. The NSS unit II volunteer
Sruthi presented a PPT on Fundamental Rights and Duties to all the volunteers. It was followed by webinar “Why the Constitution Matters” organised by Department of Political Science.
- NETAJI SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE JAYANTHI (23 JANUARY 2021)
The NSS Units I & II of St Pious X Degree & PG College for women celebrated Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti
on 23rd January 2021 hosted by Ms Rajeetha Mondal. The programme included a presentation on life of &
contribution of Subhash Chandra Bose in achieving India's indepence. It highlighted famous and inspiring
quotes by Netaji that has sparked patriotism among Indians to join the freedom struggle. It also discussed
various theories regarding Netaji's death. 40 NSS volunteers participated the programs and Ms Rajeetha
Mondal, Programme officer Unit 1, Anju Raghunath and Hardhikya NSS Volunteers Unit 1, Ms Amulya and
Meghana Unit 1, Sruthi, NSS Volunteer Unit 2 partipated in making this online programe. The program
was concluded with apatrotic song and national anthem.
- Making and distribution of Sanitizer
NSS unit-I & II along with the Department of
Chemistry, prepared and distributed sanitizer as
a part of social responsibility towards the
pandemic COVID-19. The activity was done in
first week of June. Financial support was given
by the management of the college and NSS. 15
faculty members, from department of chemistry
and NSS, 20 NSS volunteers along with 5
supporting staff were involved in this program.
- International Yoga day
NSS Unit-I & II conducted online yoga session
on 21st June 2020 by Mr. Pankaj a certified yoga
instructor. All the NSS volunteers, NSS
Committee members and all the faculty of the
college participated in the session. Mr. Pankaj
has given awareness of practicing yoga in daily
life followed by demonstrating some yoga
practices which the participants have performed
along with him. He clarified the participants’
doubts regarding some health issues and
suggested some yoga practices to overcome
- Online Quiz Competition
NSS unit-I & II together conducted online
intercollegiate Quiz competition started on 8th
June, 2020 and lasted for five days on the theme
Awareness on COVID-19. 700 participants have
participated and made it huge success.
Participants who scored more than 50% marks
- Harithaharam (Intercollegiate Competition)
NSS Unit-I & II together conducted
intercollegiate competition as part of
Harithaharam program in last week of July,
2020. As part of this program, we conducted five
different competitions, they are Painting
(Theme: Harithaharam), JAM (Theme: Rare
Plants), Slogan Writing (Theme: Harithaharam),
E-Poster (Theme: Harithaharam) and
Photography (Theme: Biodiversity). Around 60
participants participated from various colleges
in twin cities and made it Successful. Every
participant was given participating certificates
and winners were given winner certificates.
Winners will be receiving prizes from College
- Harithaharam (Intracollegiate)
NSS Unit-I & II together conducted
Harithaharam program for our college students
in the last week of July 2020. They were asked
to plant a tree and give a caption and send the
photograph to the NSS committee. 30 Students
have participated in this program.
- Independence Day celebrations
The NSS Unit 1 & 2 of St Pious X Degree & PG
College conducted an online Essay writing
Competition as part of India’s 74th Independence
Day celebration on various themes - New
Education Policy – Boon or Bane,
AatmaNirbharBharath, India: Then & Now after
73 Years of Independence, Nature for our Future
and Mahatma Gandhi’s ideology of Peace &
Love. Students were allowed to choose topic of
their own, altogether there were 8 participants.
Winners of the competition are -
1st prize - Brunda Pinky of Raja
BahadurVenkata Rama Reddy Women’s
2nd prize – Anju Raghunath & J.S. SINDRA
BILGA of St. Pious X Degree & PG College for
Participation certificates were given to all
- Fit India Movement
The NSS unit 1 & 2 Volunteers of St Pious X
Degree & PG College participated in Fit India
Movement on the theme – Freedom from
Lethargy to Live Healthy Life as directed by
Ministry of youth affairs & sports from 15th
August to 14th September 2020. The NSS Volunteers have practiced Fit India Movement
at home with their family and friends. They
promoted it by making e-posters and sharing on
their social media platforms. The activities they
have carried out are jogging, running, yoga etc.
- February 29th to March 6th 2020 NSS Unit-I and II conducted NSS special camp at Keesara and Bhogaram Villages. The main theme of the the camp was Awareness and training on selfemployment schemes and Medical camp. Out of 7 days camp NSS volunteers participated in programs like, Socio economic survey, Training
village women and school students in candle making and paper bag making. They conducted games for school children, Awareness on health for Government school children, Medical campseye camp and general health checkup and also distribution of free Homeopathy Corona virus preventive medicines. NSS PO’s Ms. Hymavathi and Ms. Rajeetha and NSS committee members Ms. Vanisree, Ms. Hemalatha and Ms. Preethi supported the volunteers in making the camp successful
- February 7th and 14th, 2020 NSS PO’s Ms. Hymavathi and Ms. Rajitha along with NSS committee member Ms. Hemalatha conducted a pre -camp survey at Keesara and Bhogaram, villages. They met respective village Sarpanch and planned for NSS special camp for Year 2019-20.
- February 1st 2020 Ms. Swara Priya from II B.Com (CS) participated in national integration camp selections conducted at NSS office, OU.
- January 31st 2020 St Pious X Degree and PG college for Women took up a Pada Yatra on the preaching’s of Mahatma Gandhi at Snehapuri colony with an aim to create awareness among the people on the preachings of Mahatma Gandhi. 40 NSS volunteers of unit 1 and unit 2 along with Ms Rajeetha Mondal programme officer of
unit 1 and Mrs Mamtha participated in the Pada Yatra.
- January 12th 2020 National youth day was celebrated, on this occasion the students were motivated to be good citizens of India, thus contributing to the development of the country. A lecture was delivered by Mrs Aarthi, Dept of Political Science, St Pious X Degree and PG college on the theme “Channelizing Youth for Nation Building”. NSS Committee members Ms. Preethi and Ms. Mamatha conducted this program.
- January 8th and 9th 2020 6 NSS volunteers and Ms. Mamatha attended Two day National seminar and training program on “Ghandhian ideals and Youth leaderdhip” at St. Francis College, Begumpet. NSS Volunteers participated in Poster presentation and Solo dance competitions conducted on this occasion. Ms. Swara Priya of II B. Com(CS) won I prize I Solo dance Competition.
- December-19th 2019 NSS volunteers Ms. Pranavi and Ms. Laya attended selections for national integration camp conducted at NSS office, OU.
- 31st October, 2019 Rastriya Ekta Diwas On the occasion of the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel the NSS unit, in collaboration with Osmania University and Regional Directorate of NSS Hyderabad observed “Rastriya Ekta Diwas”. Various competitions were held like Taken Pledge for “Rashtriya Ekta Diwas” Run for Unity, Essay-Writing/Painting Competition in Colleges, Lectures and discussion on “Rashtriya Ekta” and “Thoughts of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel” Programme, other relevant Sports / Culture Activities. Around 250 students from unit 1 and 2 participated and won prizes.
- 24th September 2019, NSS Day Celebrations As per the Instructions of NSS, OU, 5 NSS volunteers participated in 150th celebrations of NSS Day at Centre for Distance Education, OU. Student Volunteers were motivated to participate actively in NSS activities by eminent speakers followed by the Cultural activities.
- 20th September 2019, Global Strike for Climate Action NSS Committee in collaboration with Eco committee of the College and Jana Vignana Vedika conducted an orientation program, where the student volunteers were encouraged to act against burning fossil fuels, ensure 100% renewable energy access to all, reduce Greenhouse gas emissions, Climate Justice for everyone. The Resource persons were Prof. Babu Rao, retired Scientist, IICT and Environmentalist, Prof. B.N. Reddy, Retired professor, OU. The program was followed by a rally protesting for Climate action from Snehapuri colony to Ambedkar statue, Habsiguda X Roads, by the student volunteers.
- 16th August 2019 Rakshabandhan Celebrations at Sadhana home: On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, NSS committee organised a program at Sadhana Institute for Mentally Disabled, coordinated by NSS committee members Ms. Jyothi Sree lecturer Department of Commerce and Ms. Swarnalatha lecturer Department of MBA. A team of 15 students along with Ms. Jyothi Sree celebrated Rakshabandhan with mentally disabled students. The volunteers tied rakhees and distributed sweets and refreshments to the students.
- 23rd to 27th July 2019, Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Program -50hrs: As a part of Institutional social responsibility College has adopted a nearby slum Murukulabasti, near Nacharam area with an aim to develop it in all aspects. NSS units have chosen this area to take up the Swachh Bharat Summer internship program for the academic year 2019-2020 with an aim to fulfil the task given by NSS, OU and be helpful to the people in the slums. The duration of the program was
five days from 23rd to 27th July 2019, with ten student volunteers under the guidance of NSS program officers of the college Mrs. Hymavathi lecturer department of Chemistry and Miss. Rajeetha lecturer department of Microbiology.
- 21st June 2019, Yoga Day was celebrated on 21st June 2019 for the faculty who actively participated in the Yoga session.
- 13th July 2019 An orientation program was conducted for all the first year students to make them aware of the activities of NSS unit in the
College. Ms. Vani Sree HoD, department of Biochemistry, enlightened them about the different activities taken up by the NSS Committee during 2018-19
- 15th April 2019NSS Units of college in Collaboration with HMWSSB and Snehapuri colony association has initiated WALC (Water Leadership and Conservation), to bring wide awareness in the need for water harvesting and water recycles.They spread the spirit through thousands of volunteers all over the 6 zones of Hyderabad. In this regard HMWSSB conducted an Orientation on 15th April 2019 at College auditorium followed by the rally by the NSS volunteers in the Snehapuri colony.
NSS Activities of 2018-19
Swachh Bharath Summer Internship program:(19-06-2018 to 03-07 2018)
TAs per the guidelines of Government of India St.Pious X Degree and PG College for Women, have taken up100 hrs Swachh Bharath Summer Internship Program for 15 days i.e from 19th June to 3rd July 2018 at Erkalabasthi, Nacharam, with an aim to develop Skill and Orientation among student volunteers towards Swachhtha revolution. 15 final year Students of undergraduate course have enrolled for the program under the nodal officer Mrs. CH.S.R. Hymavathi.( NSS PO Unit-II)
The different activities taken up were:
- Awareness campaigns on cleanliness
- Door to door campaigning on sanitation
- Awareness campaigns on disposal of waste
- Rallies on awareness of Swachhtha
- Swachtha mela on demonstration of construction of Compost pits and the advantages of using compost pits.
- Street Cleaning
- Bringing awareness of Swachh bharath program through wall painting on Public walls.
Student volunteers have actively and enthusiastically taken up this program and were appreciated by the local people for their service
Yoga day : ( 21-6-2018)
On account of International Yoga DayMS.Vanisree, NSS PO Unit-I,organiseda programme on Yoga in college auditorium, for NSS Volunteers. Yoga guru Mr.Prithvi raj from Patanjali organisation, explained how Yoga helps an individual to be healthy and fit. On the same day 50 NSS volunteers along with two NSS committee members attended the yoga programs organised by NSS, OU at OU garden and were appreciated by the people for their active participation.
State NSS Training Program On PFMS And EAT Module: (13-07-2018)
Mrs.Ch.S.V.R.Hymavathi NSS PO Unit-II attended one day Telangana state NSS training program on Public financial management system (PFMS and EAT module, at Osmania university conducted by NSS,OU.
An Orientation program for I year students was arranged separately for the B.Sc students and B.Com/BA/BBA students.For B.Sc students MS.Vanisree, NSS PO Unit-I explained about the activities of the NSS units of college and Mrs. CH.S.V.R. Hymavathi, NSS PO Unit-II
explained forB.Com/BA/BBA . Interested volunteers were asked to enroll their names. The response was huge.
Selection for NIC camp:(9th Sep 2018)
Two NSS volunteers Sushma, NSS unit-I Shruthi, NSS unit-II attended national integration camp selections conducted in the month of August.
100 NSS volunteers along with NSS PO Mrs. CH.S.V.R. Hymavathi participated in 2Km Blind fold walk, Sight-A-Thion- a joint initiative of Government of Telangana, SAKSHAM and NPCB, on 9th Sep 2018. This program is a part of National movement for prevention and mitigation of Corneal Blindness in India, Cornea Andhatv Mukt Bharath Abhiyan (CAMBA) and Eye donation fornight. Some of the NSS volunteers donated their eyes on this Occasion.
Swatch bharath program:(2-10-2018)
80 NSS volunteers, with NSS PO’S of Unit- I & II,MS.Vanisree and Mrs. CH.S.V.R. Hymavathi, actively participated in the Swachh Bharath program , organised by Government of Telanganaat MGBS on account of Gandhi jayanthi. The service provided by NSS volunteers was greatly appreciated.
Rashtriya Ektha Diwas was celebrated in remembrance of Sardar Vallabhai Patel and his contributions to the freedom struggle and unity of independent India, in College Auditorium on 31st Oct 2018. On this occasion NSS PO MS.Vanisree enlightened the Volunteers on Political and personal life of Sardar Vallabhai Patel and advised them to inculcate few of his qualities, followed by “Pledge On Unity” and “Walk for Unity” by the NSS volunteers.
Selection for Pre-RD: (13-11-2018)
Ms.Geetha and Ms.Lavanya from NSS unit-II has attended selections for Pre-RD conducted at OU Ms. Lavanya has qualified to the second round.
National Youth Day: (12-01-2019)
As a part of National youth day celebrations on occasion of birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, Ms. Rajitha and 50 NSS volunteers from unit-I & II participated in programs such as ‘Seminar on Women Empowerment’, Awareness lecture on Organ donation’, ‘Discussion on Social activities’ held at Marri Chenna reddyhall, Tarnaka.
Extension activity: (13-01-2019)
As a tribute to the former chief minister Marri Chenna reddy, on his 100th birth anniversary food donation was done to 12 orphanages, Ms. Vani Sree NSS PO unit-I and 50 volunteers from unit-I & II actively participated in this program rendering their service by packing the food and serving the orphans.
Republic Day: (26-01-2019)
On Republic day in association with CSR foundation Ms. Preethi and Ms. Swarna along with 100 volunteers from unit-I&II actively participated in youth meet held at Marri Chenna reddy hall, Tarnaka, The programs held were Rally, Awareness program on Social activities, Debate competition, our volunteers were appreciated for their sincere participation.
Tribute to CRPF Jawans: (21-02-2019)
As a support to the deceased CRPF Jawans at Pulwama attacka candle light tribute was observed by Correspondent Sr. Japamala, Principal Sr. Velangini, all the NSS volunteers of the college and Faculty under the supervision of NSS unit-I PO Ms. Vani Sree and NSS unit-II PO Mrs. CH.S.V.R. Hymavathi, at the college followed by collection of donations from all the students, faculty and management. RS.11,000 was collected by end of the day and was donated to India’s Brave hearts, Ministry of Home affairs, Government of India.
Extension activity: (02-03-2019)
70 NSS Volunteers of NSS unit-I&II and. MS, Nazreen Saba attended program on “Empowering Women through Health and Hygiene” organised by JNTUH university in association with Organization for Women Hygiene, Health Education and Empowerment.
NSS Activities of 2017-18
Swach Bharat at Snehapuri colony -10-06-2017
The NSS volunteers promptly responded to the request by the Corporator, Mrs.Shanthi Saizen Shekar to help the members of the community to clean the dump yard and prepare the ground for a recreation park.
International Yoga Day- 24-06-2017
Yoga and Meditation are the means to strengthen the mind and help in maintaining a positive attitude in everyday activities. The NSS volunteers were given an opportunity to learn some basic techniques of Meditation and Yoga by Mrs. Rajini, Member of the Isha Foundation , Hyderabad. The students were shown the documentary on the life of Sadguru and made them realize how an ordinary man can rise up to become a sadguru by practicing noble virtues and meditation.
NSS Orientation Programme – 7-07-2017
An orientation programme for I year UG students was arranged in the auditorium to enlighten the freshers on the various activities conducted by the NSS Committee and the PEARL committee.
Telanganaku Haritha haram- 14-07-2017
As per the guidelines of the Telangana Government this year Haritha haram programme was confined to the greening of the campus. The saplings were procured from the Nacharam nursery bed by the NSS coordinators and they were planted in the campus. Some of the saplings were given to the faculty members as an ecofriendly practice. The volunteers took an active aprt in greening the campus.
Swachhtha Pakhwada-1-08-2017 to 15-08-2017
The 15 days Swacchtha programme was carried out as per the schedule given by the NSS office, OU. Some of the programmes conducted during the fortnight swacchtha programme are
- Swacchtha oath
- Greening the campus. Each class brought a potted plant giving the significance and took an oath to nurture the plant everyday.
- Cleaning the campus . The NSS volunteers cleaned the various areas in the campus , that included corridors, basket ball court, washrooms, laboratories and library.
- A rally on Swach Bharath was organized
A Rally to support the handloom weavers was conducted on 19th September, 2017.
Rakshabandhan Celebrations at Sadhana Home
The NSS volunteers along with the committee members visited the Sadhana Home, an Institute for children with special needs and celebrated the Rakshabandhan festival with inmates.
Rally on Save Handlooms on 19-09-2017:
A Rally was taken out by NSS Volunteers on 19th September 2017 around the neighboring colonies of our college for bringing awareness about handloom to encourage weavers. This program was taken up by NSS as a part of Social cause to save the weavers in collaboration with Social science department of our college who has organized Handloom exhibition in our college.
Ekta Diwas -31-10-2017
At St.Pious X Degree and PG College for women, the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas was celebrated remembering fondly Sardar Vallabhai Patel ji and his contributions to the freedom struggle and unity of independent India. His professional and personal life are a lesson to all of us.
The NSS volunteers and the other students took the “Pledge On Unity” in the auditorium at 1:00 PM . This was followed by “Walk for Unity” by the NSS volunteers. The message of unity was spread by the volunteers through various slogans. Mrs. U.Hymavathy NSS PO, Unit-II, Ms.C.Vanisree, NSS PO, Unit-I along with the committee members, Ms. Rani Padmini, Ms. Hemalatha, Ms.Swetha, Ms.Rajitha, Mrs.Preethi participated in the programme.
World AIDS Day on 4th December , 2017
World AIDS Day takes place on 1st December every year. It’s an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, to show support for HIV patients. To commemorate this day, volunteers under National Service Scheme in collaboration with Star NGO organized a guest lecture on Cause and Prevention of HIV/AIDS on 4th December, 2017 to create an awareness among the students about HIV/AIDS. The lecture started with a small talk by Mr.Ajay Kumar, Star NGO, in his address he highlighted about the importance of the day.
The first guest speaker was Dr.Vamshidhar Rao, General Physician, Century Hospital, Banjara Hills, in his speech gave information about HIV virus and also shared important facts about AIDS and he has also emphasized on various modes of transmission of HIV disease, different causes and preventive measures of AIDS.
The second lecture was given by Dr Ramesh Reddy Allam, Deputy Project Director, PEPFAR, Share India, Hyderabad. He delivered a lecture on different tests available to detect HIV and also its treatment.
The lecture was received with admiration by the students and they also found the slides appropriate. The event ended with vote of thanks . The second lecture was given by Dr Ramesh Reddy Allam, Deputy Project Director, PEPFAR, Share India, Hyderabad. He delivered a lecture on different tests available to detect HIV and also its treatment.
The lecture was received with admiration by the students and they also found the slides appropriate. The event ended with vote of thanks.
National Youth Day:
National Youth Day is celebrated every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda whose life is an inspiration to the Youth. 60 NSS volunteers along with the 4 faculty members attended the National Youth Day Programme at University college of Arts & Social Sciences, Osmania University. The Chief Guest for the Day, Prof. Ramachandram Garu, Vice Chancelleor, Osmania University gave a message on the importance of Time Management in a students Life and how that paves way to the better Future. Mr.Chandru Naik, NSS Coordinator , Osmania University, motivated the NSS volunteers with the slogan “Desh ki Rakshak Navjawan, Navjawan”. The NSS Volunteers then participated in the rally.
National Voters day:
Right to Vote is one of the fundamental rights given by the Constitution of India. The National Voter’s Day was celebrated on 25th January at from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM in the Conferrence Hall. The motto of the National Voter’s day is to encourage the youth to enroll into the voter’s list participate in the election of the right government. On this occasion, a Lecture was arranged for the final year UG students and the NSS Volunteers on the Importance of Voting and the role of the youth in Politics by Prof.Parthasaradhi, Department of Management, St.Pious X Degree and PG college. At the end of the session , students also shared their opinion on the current politics. The program concluded by taking Pledge on Vote.
National Youth Festival on 07-02-2018
The National Youth Festival was celebrated on 7th February at Faculty Club, Osmania University. All the colleges of the University and the Affiliated colleges actively participated in various competitions conducted on this occasion. 4 students along with Ms.Swetha Deshpande attended the event. Ms.B.Sushma ( II Bc MC) and Ms.Vaidehi ( II B.Com) participated in the Quiz Competition. Ms.G.Namratha ( II Bc.M.C) participated in the Essay writing Competition and Ms. Nandini ( II B.Com,CS) participated in the Rangoli Competition.
Awareness Programme on Prudent Usage of Water- 5-03-2018- ( JALAM-JEEVAM)
An Awareness Programme on the Prudent Usage of water was arranged for the NSS volunteers on 5th March,2018. The programme was organized by the NARI NGO in collaboration with HMWSSB ( Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board).
The General Manager, HMWSSB, Mr. Kiran Kumar and The Deputy Manager, Mr.Krishna explained the efforts made by the Government towards the purification of the sewage water and how much budget is being allocated every year for the same. They requested the citizens to understand the significance of Rain water Harvesting pits in conservation and enrichment of the ground water. A documentary on the working of HMWSSB was played for the students . Mr.R.Murali, Secretary, NARI Foundation explained the importance of collecting the bio degradable and non degradable waste separately. The Vice-President of Snehapuri colony, Mr.Gopal Rao, Secretary, Mr.Bhupal Reddy, Member, NARI, Smt.Rama Jyothi and Circle Manager, Mr.Venu Gopal also attended the event and shared their views.
Later 60 NSS Volunteers along 3 faculty, Members of NARI Foundation and HMWSSB participated in the rally with various slogans on SAVE WATER.
The Ruwix is a Rubiks Cube Wikipedia which is the best place to learn about the Worlds best selling puzzle toy.
NSS Special Camp Report-2017-2018
NSS Special Camp Report-2017-2018
As a Compulsory part of NSS activities of the year St. Pious X Degree College NSS units I and II Conducted special camp from 01/02/2018 to 07/02/2018 at Old Ambedkar nagar colony and New Ambedkar nagar colony respectively in which 78 students and 10 of the faculty participated. Among the total 78 students 35 are from NSS Unit-I and 43 are from NSS Unit-II. The Day wise report of the camp activities is as under.
The day one of the camp started with Inaugural session at the Community hall of Colony. The guests for the inaugural session were the camp coordinator of the local area Mr.Gyara Kiran and Vice- president of the colony Mr.Rakesh. The Guests made the students aware of the conditions of the locality, route map and also informed the students to speake with the local people politely and get their work done and most the people living there are cooperative.
After the inaugural session students were divided into groups with at least one final year girl in the group acting as a group leader and sent in to the colony for Socio-economic survey. Both the colonies together include approximately 600 houses among which girls could complete around 100 houses on day one.
Day two program continued with Socio-economic survey as the numbers of houses are more and at the end of day two in total NSS volunteers covered Socio-economic survey of approximately 400 houses.
Day three was planned based on Swatch bharath program. This program started with a Rally on Clean India where our volunteers had gone for the rally with the help of the local volunteers and GHMC people creating awareness on keeping our house and also surroundings clean among the colony people followed by cleaning the lanes of the colony by our volunteers. The guest of this program was the Coorporator Mrs. Shanthi Saizen Shekar, She encouraged our girls by speaking about the importance of keeping our surroundings clean and also inaugurated the rally.
Afternoon session of Day three is followed by “Awareness program on Nutrition for Children” for the local women. As part of this program our student volunteers spoke about the importance of the nutrition for everyone with more emphasis on the nutrition of the children to the neighbourhood women and the elder people in the houses. The neighbourhood people participated enthusiastically and cleared many of their doubts.
On Day four programs on self employment were taken up like “paper bag making” and “Candle Making” The objective of these programs is to say no to the Plastic bags and to create awareness among the women that they can use their free time in involving themselves with small creative works that can also be useful for them to be self employed. Local women actively participated and expressed their happiness and gratitude to the faculty and our volunteers to make them aware about small yet creatively new things.
Day five started with health and fitness related program “Yoga and meditation training”at 8.00am in the morning and was conducted by our resource person Sri Jaya Raj Arya retired government school teacher, for all the neighbourhood people. Local people felt very happy for learning small yet important tips for keeping themselves healthy.
After yoga session an awareness program on self employment schemes was exclusively conducted for local women and the resource person was Mrs. Swarna faculty of St.Pious X MBA College for Women, She explained in detail about the various self employment schemes for women and also gave a printed copy of the details about the schemes.
The day started with teaching small artefacts to the students of Government School, Nacharam. One group of student volunteers interacted with the school students by inculcating creative thinking in them and also made them aware of healthy habits. Later they took the students class wise to the GHMC ground, Nacharam and conducted games for them and the winners were given prizes. The School management appreciated our girls for their active involvement. Meanwhile other group of girls had conducted games to the local women at the community hall and distributed prizes to the winners. The Women expressed their happiness for making them sensitive about new things which they are not aware of.
Day seven program was organised basically by taking into consideration the request of the locality leaders for conducting eye camp. As a part of last day program we have conducted medical camp with the help of Lions Club Meerpet. The camp was successful as many people has come and utilised the opportunity. Among the people utilised the opportunity 48patients were suggested for glasses and 24 were suggested for cataract operation. The Lions club management assured cataract operations for free and the local Coorporator assured free glasses to the people, thus our medical camp turned out to be huge success.
Valedictory function was organised where the chief guest were the local Coorporator Mrs. Shanthi Saizen Shekar, Mr. Saizen Shekar, our NSS OU Coordinator Sri Chandru Naik and few local leaders. Mrs. Shanthi Saizen Shekar has spoken words of encouragement to the students and appreciated our girls for actively participating and distributed certificates for second year students. Chandru Naik sir interacted with our students and gave an inspirational speech regarding duties of NSS volunteers and also about NSS. He also appreciated the girls for being in NSS and successfully completing the Camp. He then distributed certificates to the final year students.