Sept 2019, STRATA Club of Department of Statistics organized STATATHON-2k19 (Intercollegiate Competitions). This fest was comprised of various on-stage and off-stage events such as STATSTARS (Quiz), STATA RELAY, DOCUMENT DISPLAY (Paper Presentation), CRAFTINGURU (Paper Craft), AFFICHE DESIGN (Poster Presentation), TRICK OUT (Tambola of Brain Teasers), BEYOND THE VOICE (Solo Singing), THE SELFIE EXPERIENCE. All these events were designed to strengthen the skills of the participants and to inspire everyone who will be a part of the fest. More than 200 students from 15 different colleges in twin cities were participated in this event.
- On the event of STATATHON-2k19, STRATA Club of the department given Rs.5000 donation to the Humanity First Foundation which was founded by a student Mr.Sujath Ullah pursuing D-Pharm at Sulthan Uloom College of Pharmacy.
Ms.V.Srivani of department of Statistics attended Two Day National Conference on “Data Science – A Statistical Perspective” organized by Department of Statistics, University College of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad on 27th & 28th December, 2019.
National Statistics Day
Department of Statistics celebrated 14th National Statistics Day to commemorate the birth anniversary of Prof.P.C.Mahalanobis, Father of Statistics on 29th June, 2020. On this occasion the department organized a National Webinar and Quiz competition.
National webinar on “Role of Analytical Tools in Data Science” was organized for faculty and students. 255 members from various states were registered for the webinar and 95 faculty and students from Degree and PG colleges were attended. All the participants were issued participation certificate.
Resource Person: Mr. K.V.Ch.Madhu Sudhana Rao, Manager-Analytics, Cerner Healthcare Solutions, Bangalore.
National level online Quiz competition on “Basic Statistics” was conducted for students. 161 students from various colleges were participated. Participation certificates were issued those who scored 50% and above marks.
Department of Statistics celebrates “National Statistics Day” every year on 29th, June. It is celebrated annually on the occasion of Birth anniversary of India’s eminent statistician Late Prof Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis. It also commemorates the contributions made by PC Mahalanobis in the fields of statistics and economic planning.
On this event department organize various events such as Seminars, Workshops, Quiz Programs, Lectures, Poster Presentation and Essay Competitions, etc
Faculty from the department of Statistics & Mathematics along with 15 students from B.Sc(M.S.Cs) final year were attended National Statistics Day celebrations at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Habsiguda, Hyderabad on 29.06.2019.
A seminar was held on the topic “Statistics in day to day life”. The guest speaker was Dr.Vishnu Vardhan Rao, NIN.
In Inter Collegiate Fest more than 100 students from different colleges in twin cities and our college were participated in the competitions such as Treasure Hunt, Quiz, Poster presentation, Elocution and JAM.
Centenary Birthday Celebrations – Prof.C.R.Rao
STRATA Club of the Department of Statistics organized Prof.C.R.Rao centenary birth celebrations on 10.09.2020 at 02:00pm in Google meet platform. On this occasion the club conducted Poster / PPT presentation and Quiz competitions.
The theme for PPT/Poster presentation competition is “Contributions of Prof.C.R.Rao for Statistics”. 15 students were participated in the competition.
The winners were awarded with cash prize of rupees 500 in each category.
• C.Pooja – III M.S.Cs & Bhanu – II M.S.Cs won cash prize in Poster presentation.
• Soukya –III M.S.Cs & Sasi – M.S.Cs won cash prize in PPT presentation.
127 students were participated in Quiz competition. Participation certificate was issued to all the participants those who secured more than 50 percent marks.
- On 4th June 2019 Miss.Srivani attended faculty development workshop on “Outcome Based Education-Formulation & Attainment” organized by IQAC, St.Pious X Degree & PG college for women. The resource person for the program was Prof.I.Ajit Kumar Reddy, Teaching Learning Centre, NIT Warangal.
- From 15th -19th June 2019 Mrs.M.Anitha, Miss.V.Srivani attended FDP “ Emerging Perspectives in Teaching and Learning” organised by IQAC at St. Pious X Degree & PG college for women, Nacharam, Hyderabad.
- From 3rd - 8th June 2019 Mrs.M.Anitha attended one week FDP on “Student Centred Teaching Methods & Strategies in Higher Education (SCTMSHE-2019)” organized by Teaching-Learning Centre, NIT Warangal .
- Two Day Workshop on Big Data Analysis and Data Mining:
Ms.V.Srivani has attended “Two Day Workshop on Big Data Analysis and Data Mining” conducted by the Department of Statistics, University College of Science, Osmania University in collaboration with Society for Development of Statistics (SDS), Hyderabad on 29.06.2018 and 30.06.2018.
- FDP on Python Programming:
Mrs.M.Anitha has attended “Faculty Development Program on PYTHON PROGRAMMING” organized by the Department of Statistics, University College Of Science, Osmania University, Hyderabad from 07th August, 2018 to 14th August, 2018.
- Ms.V.Srivani completed certificate course offered by Edx on Data Science: Probability on 14-06-2020,HarvardX University
- Mrs.M.Anitha completed certificate course offered by Edx on Data Science: Inference & Modeling on 09-07-2020,HarvardX University
- Mrs.M.Anitha completed certificate course offered by Edx on Data Science: R Basics on 23 -07-2020, HarvardX University
- Mrs.M.Anitha completed Short Course on Learn to Design your own Solar Home System on 02-08-2020, Energy Swaraj Foundation
- Mrs.M.Anitha completed Coursera on Create Customer Support Data with Google Sheets on 24-08-2020, Coursera Project Network
- Mrs.M.Anitha completed Coursera on Excel Skills for Business: Essentials on 08-09-2020 Macquarie University
- Mrs.M.Anitha of department of Statistics distributed rice, pulses and vegetables on 20.04.2020 to the needy people affected by the lockdown due to the epidemic of Covid – 19.
- 75 kg rice and vegetables to Akanda Bharata Youth Organization to help the needy.
- 25kg rice, 5 kg dal and vegetables to Deaf and Dumb hostel students at Mehdipatnam.
- Distributed 50 kg rice, 5 kg dal and vegetables to building construction workers (migrants) through HASSEN organization at Mehdipatnam.
- On 13th March, 2020-The Department has arranged a Guest Lecture on Role of Statistics in Data Science by Dr. D.V Ramana ,Data Science Consultant & Traier, Wissen.
- On 12th April 2019, The Department has arranged an Extension lecture on “Game Theory” for II & III M.S.Cs students. The guest speaker was Dr. G.S.R. Murthy, Senior Technical Officer, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Habsiguda, Hyderabad.
- The Department arranged a guest lecture on “Data Analysis” for II & III M.S.Cs students on 03.11.2018. The guest speaker was Dr. Jayasree, Research Associate, NIRD.
- An expert talk was arranged for B.Sc (M.S.Cs) II year students on the topic “Non Parametric Methods” on 06.04.2018.The resource person was Mrs.C.Srikala, HOD, Department of Statistics, St.Ann’s college for women, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad.
- An expert talk was arranged for B.Sc (M.S.Cs) III year students on the topic “Operations Research” on 14.10.2017.The resource person was Dr.G.Jayasree, Associate professor, BOS, Department of Statistics, O.U, Hyderabad.
- A seminar was held on the topic “Statistics in day to day life” on 29.06.2017.The guest speaker was Dr.Vishnu Vardhan Rao, NIN. The speaker addressed I, II, & III B.Sc (M.S.Cs) students about the big data analysis.
Career Guidance Program:
The Department of Statistics organized seminar on Career Guidance – What after B.Stat&M.Stat? for B.Sc and M.Sc Statistics students on 7th Feb 2020. More than 300 students from various colleges and our college attended the seminar. The Speaker was Dr.N.Ch.Batracharvulu, Department of Statistics, University College of Sciences, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
On 13th Feb 2019, The department of Statistics and Commerce arranged Career Guidance on “Analytics and Actuarial Science” to B.Sc and B.Com final year students. The resource persons are Mr.Sudheer Raj and Mr.P.Venkata Vijay Kumar from Institute of Insurance and Risk Management (IIRM), Financial District, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
- The Department arranged an orientation lecture on “Personality Development and Life Skills” to ‘Physical Science’ students on 18th August, 2018. The speaker was Dr.T.Venugopal Reddy, World Record Holder in Mind Power.
- STRATA DUEX: Intercollegiate Competition
Strata Club of the department of Statistics organized an intercollegiate competition with the name STRATA DUEX on 4th June, 2020. In this event, Piction and Quiz competitions were conducted. Students and faculty from various schools and colleges were participated. Participation certificates were issued to all the participants.
- Piction competition was conducted on the theme “Social Service during Lockdown”.
- Quiz competition was conducted on “Reasoning”. More than 330 members were participated in the competition.
- Department of Statistics organized “National Level Inter Collegiate Fest” in collaboration with department of Mathematics on 11.09.2018. This fest is comprise of various on-stage and off-stage events such as MOC CID, HUNKY BRAINS, COMEDY CIRCUS, FILM BUZZ, DANCE PIRATES. All these events are designed to inspire everyone who will be a part of the fest. More than 200 students were participated in these competitions.
- On 5th March 2019, The Department arranged Field trip for B.Sc (M.S.Cs)-II year students to C.R.Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science (AIMSCS), University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad .
- On 27th April 2018, A field trip was arranged for B.Sc (M.S.Cs) students on 27.04.2018. 30 students from I & II year and 3 lecturers from department of Statistics and Mathematics visited Indian Institute of Surveying & Mapping (IIS&M), Survey of India, Uppal, Hyderabad.
IIS&M faculty have given demonstration on Photogrammetry, Digital Cartography and GPS & Total station.
- On 26th Feb 2019, The Department of Statistics has organized a One Day Seminar on “Business Forecasting and Data Mining”. Faculty and Students from various colleges were participated in the seminar.
The resource persons are, Mrs.K. V. Ch. Madho Sudhana Rao, Head-Analytics, Sutherland Global Services, Hyderabad and Dr. M.Varaprasad Rao, Professor, CMR Technical Campus, Kompally, Hyderabad.
Faculty as Resourse Person:
- On 19th June 2019, Mrs. M.Anitha was the resource person for FDP on the topic “Methods of Evaluation” arranged by IQAC at St.Pious X Degree & PG college for women, Nacharam, Hyderabad.
- On 6th March 2019, Mrs.M.Anitha, Head, Department of Statistics has delivered a lecture on “Statistics in Real Life” to the Undergraduate Students at St.Ann’s Degree College for Women, Malkajgiri, Hyderabad.
Mrs.M.Anitha, Head, Department of Statistics has delivered a lecture on “Descriptive Statistics and their applications” on 17.11.2018 under the Student Exchange Programme organized by IQAC of St. Pious Degree and PG College for women from 12-11-18 to 18-11-18 in collaboration with Silver Jubilee Government College (A), Kurnool, AP, sponsored by the Star College Scheme, Dept. of Biotechnology Government of India.
INTER DEPARTMENT ACTIVITY
- Mrs.M.Anitha, HOD, Department of Statistics has delivered lecture on “Statistical Hypothesis” to II B.A (MPML) students.
EARTH DAY: 22.04.2019
- STRATA Club has celebrated Earth Day-2019 on 22.04.2019. The theme for Earth Day 2019 is “Protect Our Species”, under this event the club organized Painting and Poster presentation competitions for all degree students in the college premises and given prizes to the winners.
- Theme for Painting: Mother Earth
- Theme for Poster Presentation: Clear the Air & Green Cities
TEACHERS DAY CELEBRATION: 05.09.2017
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics organized Teachers day celebrations on 05.09.2018.
NATIONAL MATHEMATICS DAY: 22.12.2017
- Departments of Mathematics and Statistics celebrated “National Mathematics Day” on 22.12.2017. It is celebrated in order to honor the birth anniversary of the famous Mathematician Sir Srinivasa Ramanujan. On this event department conducted Quiz and PPT competitions for III year Physical science students.
NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY:
- National Science Day celebrations were held on 28.02.2020 in the college premises. All science departments were involved in the celebrations. 179 school children from various schools were participated.
- Department of Statistics organized Academic Tambola game for school children in the conference hall.
- Students of II B.Sc (M.S.Cs) given Poster and PPT presentations on “Role of Statistics in real life”.
- STRATA CLUB of the department of Statistics celebrated National Science Day at Wesley School, Nacharam, Hyderabad on 28.02.2020. The club conducted Essay writing and Elocution competitions for 6th, 7th and 8th class students. The winners were awarded with momentos.
- V.Srivani of Department of Statistics along with 26 students from B.Sc(M.S.Cs) I & II year were attended National Science Day celebrations at Indian Institute of Survey and Mapping (IISM), Uppal, Hyderabad on 28.02.2020.
- On 28th Feb 2019, The STRATA Club organized National Science Day at Telangana Minorities Residential Girl School, Nacharam, Hyderabad. The club conducted drawing and essay writing competitions for the children and the winners were awarded with momentos.
- On 28th Feb 2018, Department of Statistics involved in the celebrations of National Science Day on 28.02.2018. As a part of National Science day students of B.Sc (M.S.Cs) were prepared Models, Posters and PPT on Applications of Statistics.
SOCIAL WORK ACTIVITY:
Support the Slum:
Under Social work activity faculty of department of Mathematics and Statistics along with 15 students from B.Sc went to Murukula Basti which is located at IDA Mallapur, Hyderabad on 08.09.2018. The concerned lecturers and students distributed
- Books and stationary items to school children.
- Bed sheets and clothes to old people.
Share a meal:
- Under Social work activity faculty of department of Mathematics and Statistics along with 15 students from B.Sc went to MurukulaBasti which is located at IDA Mallapur, Hyderabad on 9th September, 2018. The concerned lecturers and students distributedBooks and stationary items to school children
- Department of Statistics involved in share a meal program with DIVYA DISHA Orphanage, Boduppal. Miss. V.Srivani along with 10 students of B.Sc went to the orphanage on 12.08.2017. There are 25 children in the orphanage. We distributed fruits and snacks to the children and also interacted with the children by conducting games.
- On July 2019, Ch.Sai Manasa & R.Mounika of III M.S.Cs won 1st prize in Poster Presentation competition on the topic “Statistics in Real Life” at “BHAVANOTSAV 2019-2020” organized by Bhavan’s Vivekananda College, Sainikpuri, Secunderabad.
- A.Neha, ASravani, R.Mounika, CH.Sai MAnasa of III M.S.Cs won 2nd prize in STATSTARS(Stats Quiz) and STAT RELAY competitions organized by Department of Statistics, St.Pious X Degree & PG College for Women, Nacharam.
- M.Swetha, Ujma Thaseen of III M.S.Cs won 2nd prize in DOCUMENT DISPLAY (Paper Presentation) competition organized by Department of Statistics, St.Pious X Degree & PG College for Women, Nacharam.
- A.Neha, CH.Sai MAnasa III M.S.Cs won 1st prize in TAMBOLA (Brain Teasers) competition organized by Department of Statistics, St.Pious X Degree & PG College for Women, Nacharam.
- Bishaka Jha of II M.S.Cs won 1st prize in BEYOND THE VOICE (Solo Singing) competition organized by Department of Statistics, St.Pious X Degree & PG College for Women, Nacharam.
- Students of B.Sc (M.S.Cs) were participated in STATA FEST organized by St.Ann’s college for women, Mehdipatnam on 29.09.2018 and won prizes in various competitions.
- Marina Judy,K. Ambica of III M.S.Cs won I prize for STATS FACADE (Statistics Dumb Charades)
- D. Shivani, Shrividya R.K.N of III M.S.Cs won I prize for STATA - CORE RELAY (Fun with Stats)
- CH. Sai Manasa, Ujma Tahseen of II M.S.Cs won II prize for for STATA - CORE RELAY (Fun with Stats)
- Ujma Tahseen of II M.S.Cs won II prize for for STAT – RHYME (Poetry in Statistics)
- B.Sc (M.S.Cs) I,II & III year students were participated in “Inter collegiate competitions” conducted by St. Ann’s degree college for women, Mallapur, Hyderabad on 10.10.2017. In this event students were participated in Quiz, PPT, Treasure Hunt, Word Hunt, Rangoli and Photography competitions and brought glory to the college by winning 1st and 2nd prizes.
- II B.Sc (M.S.Cs) students won 1st prize in “Litter-Less” campaign organized by YRE(Young Reporters For Environment) SAYEN (South Asian Youth Environment Network) and FEE(Federation for Environment Education) on 24.11.2017.
- SYEDA SAMEENA FATIMA –First prize –Photography
- MARINA JUDY – First prize – Videography
Department conducted seminars for
- B.Sc (M.S.Cs) I year students on the topic “Discrete Probability Distributions” on 12.02.2018. Students were given different types of real life examples connected with the topics.
- B.Sc (M.S.Cs) III year students on the topic “Official Statistics” on 09th & 10th November,2017. Students were actively participated.
- B.Sc (M.S.Cs) II year students on the topics “Correlation and Regression” on 18th & 19th September, 2017.