- A career Orientation programme on " USA Medical Coding and Billing Awareness Program " was organised for UG & PG life science students on 5th March 2021 at St Pious X Degree & PG College for Women . The Speaker for the session was Dr. M.Santosh Kumar Guptha , Director Medicine Health care Solutions, Medesun Health care Solutions
- Education Trips-The students of I M.S.c Biochemistry along with N.Swathi Sree, Faculty, Biochemistry Department visited IICT on the account of Poster Day Celebrations held on 20th February 2020.
- An Extension Lecture on Designing of Factorial Experiments by Dr.Shibh Shekar Roy, Asst.Professor, Department of Biochemistry, OU for the PG students on 3rd May ,2019.
- A career guidance programme for the students of III B.Sc Life Sciences was arranged. The resource persons, Dr.Rajasekhar and Dr.Uday Kiran Awasthi of helpBiotech Academy gave insights on the various oppurtunities for the B.Sc students.
- Coaching For PG Entrance: The Department organised Coaching classes for the PG Entrance Exams in collaboration with The helpBiotech Academy for the final year Degree students of life sciences from 5th February, 2019.
- The Department of Biochemistry in collaboration with the Departments of Microbiology and Computer science organized the Orientation Programme on 2nd July, 2018 for the Parents of I Year students during which a Panoramic view of the regular Activities, Rules and Regulations of the Institution were explained.
- Campaining Programme by M.Sc I & II year students on “Avoid Junk food For A Healthy Life”
- Career Guidance Programme on Careers in Sciences- Make an Informed Decision:The motto of the lecture was to give insight of career opportunities in life sciences and the significance of live project work for the PG students.The Guest Speaker for the program was Dr.Raj Kiran and Dr.Deepika The various PG programs, employment in the research institutes, Competitive Exams for enrolling into PhD in India as well abroad and start up opportunities available were discussed
The modules of various projects that could be undertaken at “Cytomol Diagnostic & Genetic Labs” were also suggested. The queries of the students were addressed and a feedback was taken from them
- Career Guidance Programme titled “ What’s Next?” For B.Sc and M.Sc Students.
- Orientation Lecture on “ Career trends in life Sciences “ for I & II M.Sc Students.
- The students of III B.Sc along with the Faculty members Mrs.Rani Padmini and Mrs.Swathi went on a field trip to “The Institute of Genetics”, Begumpet, Hyderabad to explore the novel technology in assessing a genetic Disorder.
- Field Trips to CCMB by I & II M.Sc Students.
- Field Trip to CPMB by III B.Sc BCMC students.
- Dietetrics Day Celebration at NIN by II.B.Sc Students.
- Guest Lecture on RT-PCR –Principle and Applications by Dr.B.Vijaya Lakshmi, Senior Scientist ,Institute of Genetic Diseases ,Osmania University.
- Orientation lecture by Dr.Arvind Shetty ,Director , Param Bioinformatics
- Guest Lecture on Intelllectual Property Rights by Dr. Jyothi Bhadri, Scientist, IARI.
- Field Trip to IICT ,CCMB National Science Exhibitions on the occasion of platinum Jubliee of CSIR
- Mrs. S.M. Afreen, Faculty Department of Biochemistry attended a two day national seminar “Impact of Biochemistry In Interdisciplinary Research” organised by Department of Biochemistry “at Osmania University.
- 54hrs Course on Advanced Excel: Two faculty members Ms.Sandhya Maithreyi and Mrs.N.Swathisree Successfully completed a 54hrs course on Advance Excel Course from 5/11/2017 to 14/12/2017 at St.Pious X Degree and Pg College for women organized by Department of Computer Science in collaboration with NIIT.
- The Department of Biochemistry has organised a GUEST LECTURE for UG & PG final year students using Zoom platform on 20th February 2021 on the topic" Nanotechnology in Life Sciences and Prospective Career Opportunities" by Dr Mir Zahoor Gul, Research Associate,Department of Biochemistry,Osmania University
- On 22nd Feb, 2020-Guest Lecture was organised on Stem cell Applications in regenerative medicine-ethical issues & regulations.Role of Clinical Genetics in modern health care by Dr.S.Sashidhar & Dr.V.V.Ravi Kanth, Asian Health Care Foundation Research Scientist.
- On 22nd Feb, 2020-Dr.K.S.Ratnakar Memorial Lecture on A Balanced Life is the Key to Happiness by V.Ravi Kumar, HR in Mind Management.
- On 6th Feb, 2020:Career Oppurtunities for UG Life Sciences by Dr.Aravand Sethi, Director, Param Bioinformatics, Ruha Life Sciences
- On 3rd December 2019: Dr. HelahKiranmai along with I M.Sc. Biochemistry students attended Dr.D. Bhaskara Reddy Memorial lecture 2019 at AIG Hospital, GachiBowli.
- On 24th Jan 2020: Dr. Manohar V.N Shirodhkar Memorial Lecture: V.Mounika and CH.Srujana of 2nd MSc attended the lecture on CRISPR-Cas : From Bacterial Immunity to Genome Editing Tools at CSIR –Indian institute of Chemical Technology.
- Career Guidance Program: A Career Guidance program to enlighten students about CSIR , UGC NET , GATE and other Phd Entrance Exams, was organized by the Department of Biochemistry for the students of I.MSCand II.M.Sc Biochemistry and Miocrobiology on 22/2/2018. The guest speaker of the program was Miss.Shradddha Vyas from “Vyas Academy for CSIR”.
A Two Day Workshop on Metagenomics was Organized in Association with Ecell IIT-Kharagpur and Make Intern from 10th and 11th February, 2019.
Mrs.N.Swathi, Faculty, Department of Biochemistry attended a One week Workshop(31st July, 2018 to 4th August, 2018) on “Gender Senstitization” sponsored by UGC at JNTUH, Kukatpally.
The students of II M.Sc and I M.Sc have attended the National Workshop on “Innovative Teaching-A Virtual Lab Approach” ,organized by the Department of Physics in association with Amritha Vishwa Vidyapeetham on 29th August, 2018.
- The Interdisciplinary Course on “Women and Health” was conducted for the students of II B.Com Regulars and II B.Com Computers from 11th February to 1st March,2019.
Faculty Publications & Presentations
- AnAlysis of potASSium levels in fruits by flAme photometry- Mrs.Meher Afreen, Mrs.Mubeen Begum. Proceedings of National seminar on Health, Hygiene and sanitation published in International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. ISSN:2330-7605(ONLINE).
- Mrs V.RaniPadmini published an article titled Women in science and technology in the book Iinspirational Indian women achievers which was released by Palamur University on the occasion on International Womens Day with the ISBN number.
- Ms.C.Vanisree contributed a paper on the Best Practice titled “Achieving Academic Excellence through Strengthening the Capacity Building Programs”. It was published in the book with the ISBN No: 978-93-5351-264-4 at Annamalai University, in association with NAAC Bengaluru.
- Mrs.V.Rani Padmini , Faculty , Department of Biochemistry attended and presented a poster on “Synthesis , Characterization and Biological activities of Silver Nano particles in Tinospora cordifolia and Mentha arevensis” at Telangna state science congress organised by Telangana Academy of science and National Institute of Technology , Warangal from 22nd to 24th dec 2018 .
- Ms.Sandhya Maithreye presented a paper on Food Adulteration- An Invisible Threat to Healthy India and a poster on The Impact of Climate Change And Global Warming on Ecosystem and Human Health.
- Mrs.Afreen presented a paper on “Analysis of Potassium Levels in Fruits by Flame Photometry” at Little Flower Degree College.
- As a part of Biomystery Club Day Celebrations and Outreach Programme students and faculty of the department donated Soaps and Biscuit Packets to Sri Rajmatha Foundation, NGO,Chengicherla.
- Bio-mystery Club Day is Celebrated by displaying Charts on BMR, BMI
- The students of III B.Sc and I M.Sc along with the faculty members Mrs.Padmini and MS.Sandhya visited the “Sadhana Home’’ , A home for the intellectually challenged and old Age and donated 100 kg of rice and clothes to the needy on 11th September, 2018.
- Campaign on “Healthy lifestyle and Nutrition”: On 3/1/2018, 3 Students of I.B.Sc BCMC accompanied by 1 faculty member Miss V. Rani Padmini presented posters on “7 rules for a healthy lifestyle” and “Nutrition” for the NSS Volunteers in the morning session and to the people of neighborhood in the afternoon session at Ambedkar Nagar, community hall. Nacharam
Students participation in the Presentations
- Ms Subiya,Hepsiba and Ms.Sri Keerthi presented a paper on “ Reduced Work Efficiency owing to climate change and Global warming with Soaring Effect on Human health at Christ Deemed University Bangalore
- Students of I M.Sc, Ms.Nikitha , Priya, Shivani and Divya presented an eposter on “Applications of Nanoparticles in Bioremediation” at the Two Day National Seminar on “Innovations in Nanobiotechnology” organized by the Departments of Miicrobiology and Biochemistry IIn association with Hyderabad Chapter of Microbiologists Society of India.
- The National Science Day was celebrated by the Department of Biochemistry on 28th Febraury 2019 conducting various events following the Theme “Science for the People and People for Science”.
Students participation in the inter collegiate competiton
- The Department was the in charge for three competitions during the Resonance 2019 Intracollegiate Competitions on 31st January 2019- 1. Pencil Sketch 2. Group Singing Competition.
- Intercollegiate Competition on 7th February, 2019 - Quareka- Quiz Competition was conducted in collaboration with the Department of Microbiology
- The I and II M.Sc students along with Mrs.Afreen, Faculty member attended a Two Day “National Seminar on Impact of Biochemistryin Interdisciplinary Research” organized by the Department of Biochemistry, Osmania University .The seminar was sponsored by DST-Purse Programme, TSCHE,
- TAS and Indian Society of Analytical Scientists.
T.Sneha and B.Harika of I M.Sc Biochemistry presented a poster on “ Assessing the gene expression and role of osteoporotic MG-63 Osteoblasts in the bone formation using cowpea & viamin D”
- The students of I M.Sc Biochemistry participated in the “Fotoutsav” One click Photo competition , organized by the department of English and Mass communication on 25th August, 2018.
- Student participation in “Sci-Connect’18”: on 23/2/2018 Students of II.B.Sc BCMC ,N.Sai Namratha, Poojitha, Sabha, Nureen attended and participated in various events like “Treasure Hunt”, “Spell Bee”, “It’s A Word” at St.Marys college Yosufguda during National Science Day Celebrations
- Student participation in Bhavanothsav: On 23/2/2018 students of I M.Sc Biochemistry N. Suman kumara yadav, Johnson Jemima, N. Soumya , Sonali P. attended and participated in Poster Presentation competition on the topic “Molecular Diagnosis of Genetic Diseases-Obesity” at Bhavans Vivekananda college Sainikpuri.
The faculty and the students of PG Departments participated in theShare A day’s Meal with the inmates of Shraddha Orphanage at Boduppal on 15th April,2019
On account of National Science Day Celebrations on 28th February, 2021. The Department conducted Painting Competition on the theme "Innovate and Renovate India".
On account of Independence Day Celebrations on 15th August, 2018 various competitions were conducted. The students of III B.Sc BcMC won the III Prize and the students of I B.Sc BcMC won the first Prize in the dance competition. Ms.Sneha and Ms.Babuli participated in the Group singing Competition.
The students of I BcMC and M.Sc participated in the Group Dance competition conducted on Pious Feast(21st August, 2018). The M.Sc students won the II Prize.
The Freshers’Party for the I M.Sc students was organized on 7th September 2018. The Principal and the Correspondent congratulated the freshers and encouraged them to pursue their Ph.D and build a career in science. The second year students organized the entertainment programme and Miss Fresher Contest on 7thSeptember, 2018.